Vegan Matcha Latte, a delicious and health-conscious beverage, has emerged as a popular choice among those seeking a dairy-free, plant-based alternative to the traditional matcha latte. Matcha, a finely ground green tea powder known for its vibrant color and earthy flavor, has a rich history in Japanese culture and has gained global recognition for its numerous health benefits. The beverage represents a fusion of traditional and contemporary preferences, catering to a growing consumer population that prioritizes sustainability, animal welfare and overall well-being.
In this guide outlines a step-by-step process for preparing a vegan matcha latte, which draws from the rich tradition of matcha brewing and takes into account the dietary preferences of those who avoid animal products. do Each step of this comprehensive recipe illustrates the key ingredients, utensils and techniques necessary to create a visually appealing and satisfying vegan matcha latte, ensuring that the aesthetics and flavors of this green nectar are preserved. Both are harmoniously balanced. By following this correct method, individuals can enjoy a creamy and velvety matcha latte without compromising on their dietary choices.
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 1 tsp of high quality matcha powder
- 1 tbsp of hot water
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of macadamia nut milk
- 1/2 cup of garnulated sugar (taste adjust as needed)
- 1 tbsp of ashwaganda (optional)
- 1 tbsp of coconut butter( (optional)
- Start by heating your coconut milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Avoid boiling it; simply warm it to your preferred sipping temperature. While it heats, sift your matcha powder into a matcha bowl to ensure a smooth and lump-free latte.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of coconut milk into the matcha bowl with the sifted matcha powder. Use your whisk to create a smooth, vibrant green paste. This initial mixing step ensures your matcha blends evenly with the milk.
- Now, pour the remaining heated milk into the matcha bowl and whisk vigorously to froth the mixture. Ensure that the matcha is fully dissolved, and you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Add your 1/2 cup of garnulated sugar and stir until it’s well incorporated. Adjust the sweetness to your taste.
- Add 1 tablespoons of maple syrup to the milk and stir until well combined.
- Now, pour the vegan matcha coconut milk into a serving mug.
- Gently pour the prepared matcha mixture into the mug with the macadamia nut milk.
- Top it off with coconut butter if desired, and finish with a sprinkle of ashwaganda for that perfect touch of fall flavor.
- Serve in to two mugs. Serve immediately for best taste and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Serving: 1 cup
- Calories: 65.5
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Fat: 1.7g
- Sugar: 11.3g