The Pumpkin Spicy Matcha Latte is a delightful fusion of traditional Japanese matcha tea and the rich, seasonal flavors of pumpkin spice. This distinctive beverage has gained popularity as a creative and harmonious blend of East and West, offering a unique sensory experience for tea enthusiasts and those seeking a comforting and flavorful beverage. The preparation of this Pumpkin Spicy Matcha Latte involves a meticulous step-by-step process, combining the earthy bitterness of matcha with the warm, aromatic spices associated with pumpkin, creating a harmonious synthesis of flavors.
In this guide, we will provide a detailed walkthrough of the steps required to create this exquisite beverage, ensuring that the distinct qualities of both matcha and pumpkin spice are preserved, and the result is a pleasing and balanced drink. Through an understanding of the individual elements and a careful approach to their combination, you will be able to craft a Pumpkin Spicy Matcha Latte that is not only aesthetically pleasing but also a gustatory delight.
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk (or any dairy free milk)
- 1/2 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp of high quality matcha powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream
- 1-2 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of garnulated sugar (taste adjust as needed)
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes (optional)
- Start by sifting your matcha powder into a bowl. This will help eliminate any clumps and ensure a smooth blend.
- Add 1/4 cup of hot water to the bowl with the matcha powder. Be sure the water isn’t boiling, as this can negatively affect the taste. Use cold water.
- Use a bamboo whisk or a regular whisk to mix the matcha and water. Whisk vigorously in a zigzag motion until the matcha is fully dissolved and a frothy layer forms on the surface.
- In a separate saucepan, warm 1/4 cup of light coconut milk over low heat. Make sure not to boil it; just heat it until it’s steaming.
- Add 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin spice syrup to the milk and stir until well combined.
- Now, pour the pumpkin spice-infused milk into a serving mug.
- Gently pour the prepared matcha mixture into the mug with the pumpkin spice milk.
- Top it off with whipped cream if desired, and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon for that perfect touch of fall flavor.
- Serve in to two mugs. Serve immediately for best taste and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Serving: 1 cup
- Calories: 55.5
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 1.7g
- Sugar: 11.3g